Hyundai launched the BS6 model of its popular sedan Verna only last month. The initial price of the car is Rs 9.31 lakh and it is equipped with about 8 such advanced features including wireless charging, which are seen in the car of this segment for the first time. Apart from the looks and features, the new Verna is also completely new in terms of engine.
While the old Varna had 1.6 liter petrol, 1.4 liter diesel and 1.6 liter diesel engine options available, the new Varna has 1.5 liter petrol and 1.5 liter diesel and 1.0 liter turbo petrol engine options available. Recently BS6 Verna’s ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) certified mileage figures have been revealed, according to which it will get mileage of up to 25kmpl.
Otherwise Petrol Mileage (New Vs Old)
- The BS4 Hyundai Verna had a 123-horsepower 1.6-liter petrol engine, which was equipped with a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission. However, the updated BS6 Verna has a new 1.5-liter engine, which provides power of 115 horsepower. It is behind in terms of strength but slightly ahead in mileage. The 6 speed manual gearbox version of the BS6 Verna offers a mileage of 17.7kmpl while the old Verna had a mileage of 17.4kmpl.
- Talking about the automatic version, the new version petrol automatic has a mileage of 18.45kmpl while the old Verna used to get 15.9kmpl mileage.
- Talk about the 1.0 liter turbo petrol version of the new Varna, it is a new variant but is quite fuel efficient than petrol. According to ARAI it will get a mileage of 19.2kmpl.
Otherwise Diesel Mileage (New Vs Old)
- In 2017, it was launched with a 100-horsepower 1.4-liter diesel engine equipped with a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 126-horsepower 1.6-liter diesel equipped with a 6-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
- The new Verna has been launched with a 115-horsepower 1.5-liter diesel engine, which is better than the old model in terms of mileage. BS6 or 1.5 liter diesel manual gives a mileage of 25kmpl, which was 24.7kmpl in the old version. At the same time, 21.3kmpl in the new Diesel automatic, which is only 0.3kmpl more than the old model.
How much power is there in BS6 or else engine
- The car has a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine, which will get 114 horsepower power and 144 Nm of torque. It will also get 6 speed manual transmission standard and CVT option.
- The 1.0-liter turbo unit will get 119 horsepower and 172 Nm of torque. It will get a 7-speed DCT gearbox.
- The 1.5-liter diesel engine will get a 6-speed manual transmission. It will get 114 horsepower and 250 Nm of torque. Apart from this, it will also get a torque converter automatic setup.
In this, 8 such features have been given for the first time in the segment.
- Blue Link Telematic System: After Venue, Elantra and Creta, otherwise the facelift will get Hyundai’s Blue Link connectivity with 45 features. It includes voice command for in-car function, remote engine and air-con operation (automatic only). These functions can also be controlled with a smartwatch.
- Digital instrument cluster with 4.2 inch MID: Otherwise, the facelift is the first mid-size sedan to feature a Fully Digital Instrument cluster. Apart from this, it also has a 4.2-inch multi-information display, which will be right in the middle of the instrument cluster.
- Wireless Charger: Otherwise, the facelift will also have wireless charging facility. This wireless charging pad is located near the gear lever.
- Rear USB Charging Point: This is the first car in the segment to have a rear USB charging port.
- Ventilated Front Seats: It is the first sedan car in the segment to get cooled front seats. Will help the driver to be relaxed and cool during the summer season.
- Hands free boot opening: Otherwise, the facelift is equipped with hands-free opening functionality. With the help of this feature, it automatically opens the dicky when the key is taken near the boot space.
- Emergency Stop Signal: It is the first car in the segment to get an emergency stop signal. Hazard lights flash when the emergency brake is fast, so that the vehicle coming back does not have an accident.
- Archemies Audio System: It has a premium sound system from Archemies, which will also be found in the base variant of the facelift.