Based on ICMR’s new guide line, patients without symptoms can be administered on the basis of home quarantine
Two days before the city came to Corona positive, there has been confusion in front of the administration to quarantine a patient and protest against the people of the area. The new guide line of ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) is also being followed in MP. As the initial guide line became more popular, people feel that they are being cheated by the administration, whereas this is not the case.
The ICMR is continuously conducting research on treatment, visible symptoms, changing nature of the virus and improvement in the health of the patient under COVID-19 across the country. On the same basis, guidelines are issued for the whole country. These instructions are also being followed in MP. ICMR has reshuffled the instructions a day earlier on 18 May.
- Only those traveling internationally have to do 14 days of home quarantine.
- The patient has to be given treatment/isolate after getting positive.
- The patient has asymptomatic symptoms and if he does not have fever for 7 consecutive days, there is no need to take a test again.
- He should be allowed to go home after 9 days and be asked to stay quarantine at home for the next 10 days.
- Treatment should only be given to patients with severe and shortness of breath. Accordingly, treatment should be given to patients without symptoms.
- The person in contact with the patient shows symptoms within 5 to 10 days, till then he should be quarantined home.
- This is the reason that after getting positive in a family, all the samples are taken for examination, but everyone is quarantined home until the investigation report is received.